Request an Estimate - Step 1 of 2
Graduating can be an exhilarating experience but what follows can give you quite a tough time. Obviously, along with finding a new job, you also have to search for a new place to shift to. Relocating to a college with the help of your friends and relatives was comparatively easy, but now shifting to a new residence all on your own can be stressful. To make things easier, it is recommended to take professional help from moving companies who are experts in this field.
Observing the following tips will ensure that the entire relocation process goes smoothly:
1. Select a mover and fix a schedule well in advance since many other graduates will also be shifting at the same time.
2. Pack everything before hand and make an inventory as well so that you know what you have packed. Use strong and sturdy cartons that are durable. Discard or donate all unwanted items.
3. Clean the premises before leaving and make all the necessary arrangements like replacing fused light bulbs covered in the lease contract. This will avoid any unnecessary complications while leaving.
4. Pick your apparels from the dry cleaners. Get all carpets and rugs cleaned before packing.
5. Inform the post office and other concerned authorities like credit card agencies about the change in address, including your acquaintances.
6. Unsubscribe your membership to newspaper and magazines.
7. Close all your unwanted bank accounts or change them if your bank has branches in the new place you are moving to.
8. Cancel your mobile number or change it to your new address.
9. Disconnect all utilities like Internet and phone.
10. If you have plants, give them to people who are willing to take care of them.
11. DonвЂ™t forget to return library books and videos or else you may be fined.
12. Buy only what is necessary as perishable items like food cannot survive transportation. Put all the necessary food products in one load or you may end up spoiling other stuff.
13. Maintain a folder for your medical and school records as well as other important documents like birth certificates.
14. While packing, be careful to put heavy and durable items at the bottom and then pile the lighter goods on top. Pack breakables and valuables separately and label the boxes for easier identification. Similarly, while loading, load the heavy boxes first and while unloading, unload them the last.
15. If you are moving yourself, make sure that your vehicle is serviced before hand or you will find yourself stuck on the road while moving. Carry necessary items like coolants and eatables.
16. If you are hiring the services of a moving company, do a proper investigation including their estimates and dispute settlement polices. Complete all the necessary paperwork and documentation such as, the bill of lading, and inventory. This way you will be assured of a smooth and easy relocation.
Online law colleges
For over two decades William Howard Taft University has offered accredited distance learning graduate degree programs in law (Juris Doctor and Master of Laws), and business.
Learn all about moving quotes
The answer to help you get the best long distance moving quotes
Getting a great local moving quote
Find information about free moving quotes
A guide to state to state movers